St. Anne’s began in 1876 in Woodbridge as a mission of St. Mary’s in Stockton, although Mass had been said in private homes as far back as 1869. Residents had a long and demonstrated interest in formalizing their faith community. St. Anne’s later became a mission of St. Joachim’s Church in Lockeford--before there were enough Catholics served for it to have its own resident priest and be designated a parish.
When St. Anne’s Parish in Lodi was established in 1904, the few Catholics in the area were easily accommodated in a little frame church about the size of a classroom. A larger church was built in 1913 but by the Fifties, with people moving into the area from the mid-west and the Atlantic seaboard, a larger house of worship was clearly needed.
By 1960, fundraising was underway for the new church. Monsignor Patrick Morris was the Pastor. The new church was dedicated by Bishop Hugh Donohoe in 1963. The building featured an 80-foot belltower and imported Italian marble for the communion rail, pulpit, and most of the sanctuary. The interior windows traced salvation history from the calls of Abraham and Moses through Christ’s life, miracles, crucifixion, and ascension... culminating in the general judgment by Christ in glory. The purple-hued windows encourage peace and rest.
Fr. Brandon Ware is the current Pastor.
Gathered around Jesus Christ in the Eucharist and conscious of His directive to "go into the world and teach His Gospel..." we seek to build a strong family of faith in our diversity, sensitive to the need of all. We journey together to our heavenly home. Encouraging all to share their gifts and live the will of God.